Monday, February 4, 2008

Life

So yes, I have actually joined the world of blogging!! I know they're a little cliche, or whatever, but it might serve a little bit as a journal of some sort. My last blogs are from awhile ago on myspace, and this way people can find out what I'm up to, I guess if they care. lol

Right now, I'm in Utah. I was attending BYU for Fall semester, but now I am just chillin', looking for a full-time job to do for the next three months. At the end of April, I will be going to Alaska!! I am sooooo excited!! I will be driving one of those big coach buses. Currently, I am training to drive them, and come April I will be the proud owner of a CDL!! Then I will be able to drive all sorts of vehicles! I know you're all jealous!! Anyway, I plan on livin' it up in Alaska, earning tons of money and taking awesome pictures!! Apparently, as a cruise line employee, we get to do all this fun stuff free since we have to sell it up to passengers. For example, helicopter rides up to glaciers, gold panning, etc. And I already have plans on getting a digital SLR (probably the new Canon XSi, due out in April) and I am super excited to finally get one! I mean I've been a photographer for almost 6 years and I still have yet to make the leap into the digital SLR world. At first I was a little hesitant to enter the world of digital SLR's. I already had a little point-and-shoot digital camera and I thought, "why spend the $1000+?". And as much as I LOVE film, digital helps with getting the best shot, as you can see the photos right away as opposed to waiting to get the film developed, and therefore can just keep shooting until you get the right one. Plus there's the benefits of having a controllable shutter speed and aperature...but, yea stop me before I run off on a camera tangent! (that will be my next blog "How to shop for a digital camera") haha, no seriously...

I've also been trying new sports! After a Christmas, and birthday of snowboarding gifts, I finally got to put it all to use! Abby, Trent and I went up to Brighton and I tried snowboarding for the very first time! They make it look so easy! I swear I was on my butt most of the time, and for 3 days afterwards, my arms were as sore as a mother! I'm aching (no pun intended)to go again soon though!! Abby and Trent have also gotten me into rock climbing!! It is awesome! I'm almost addicted!! It works not only your muscles, but also your mind, while you try to figure out the next hold to grab onto.

My next challenge is to find a full-time job in the middle of the semester with most places not needing new employees....

3 comments:

Inconsistantpirate said...

hahahaahah I have seem your blog of DOOM... I have one myself.. we are pretty cool that way

Ball$ said...

haha nice!

Abby Q. said...

hey balls! yay i'm so glad you're enjoying things right now! i can't wait for Alaska, either! we'll have the time of our lives! Trent says you're doing a really great job in training. also don't give up on the job hunt! there are plenty of companies just waiting for you to come and apply! i love u!