Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Provo Parking...

sucks! And I hope this blog doesn't become too negative with my pet peeves, but seriously I get so annoyed by other "parkers" sometimes. I drive to work at night and I don't get home until about 11:45pm. I can usually find a relatively nice parking spot on the street that's not too far from my apartment. Tonight though, I drove around for 15 minutes, looking for a place to park. I ended up 2-1/2 blocks away, which really was no big deal. The thing that really bugged me the most was that if cars parked properly then there would be more spaces available to park. For example, a car pulls into a large spot that would easily fit two cars. The stupid person decides to park in the middle of the spot though, leaving huge gaps that none but maybe a SmartCar could fit. Why, why, why? Just pull up to the car in front of you so that someone else can fit too. I see this happen with several cars on a curb and so essentially if the person had pulled up there would be ample space for several more cars to park. There should be a law that you have to be within 1-2' of the car in front of you...



Another example is when people don't know how to parallel park, so they are completely crooked from the curb. This may not seem like a big problem, but when trying to parallel park into the spot behind this "parking challenged" person, it's extremely difficult to line up properly in order to back up properly. More likely than not, I end up un-parallel parked. There should be a law about that too...


While I'm at it, lets get all my pet peeves out now, so I can focus on fun stuff in later posts. My second topic is (drum roll)........UTAH FASHION!!

I don't know what it is about Utah! Does the whole state live in a bad bubble? Do they think that because they are thousands of miles from a major city that they are exempt from having any fashion sense? Maybe Stacey London and Clinton Kelly (from TLC's What Not to Wear) should come a make-over the whole state...

1. Ok what is the deal with wearing spaghetti strap, sleeveless, and strapless dresses and shirts over white t-shirts? I can see how one wants to stay modest by still being able to wear your cute little cami, but seriously, you look ridiculous. A cuter way to show off that top? Wear it with a cardigan or cute jacket. Trust me, it'll look way better and not so homely.

2. Fake UGG's- So I stole this from my sister's blog (http://www.utahfashion.blogspot.com/) but she has a point. And ok, I've seen fake UGG's elsewhere than just Utah, but in most other places, they don't wear them if they're practically falling apart. I see it all the time, the girl walking along with the shaft of the boot practially dragging on the ground because the cheap knock-off has no structural support and the fake suede is chocolate brown...not from the actual color, but from the dirt because this is the 1 millionth wear. By all means if you can't afford real UGG's (although I've gotten real ones for $30) then fine, go ahead and get fake ones, but replace them once they start to sag. It's probably more cost effective to buy real ones in the first place though as they last longer.

3. Skunk Hair- I know we've all seen it, the top layer of a girl's hair dyed black and the bottom layer bleached. Who ever thought this looked cool in the first place should be shot. Why? Why? Why? You look like a skunk! No it's not a cool, trendy look! That's all I have to say about that.

4. Shorts that are longer than bermuda shorts, but not quite long enough to be capris- A lot of times they're basketball shorts, but I've seen them in all forms(cut-offs?). They're obviously fine for guys, but when a girl wears them, they make the girl look manly, because they fall way past the knee and make one look stubby and a little matronly. I'm all for being modest, but there are way cuter shorts (ex. bermudas) one can wear. I recommend not wearing any short longer than the top of your knee cap. Otherwise they'll shorten and fatten the leg. You might have to try different brands, as inseams differ from store to store (i.e. Old Navy's "bermuda" inseam is 11", as opposed to American Eagle's inseam is 7").

Phew! Ok so for now I can't really think of anything else, which is kind of surprising since I'm in kind of a bad mood, because of a fight I am in with someone and you'd think I'd be really jaded right now. I guess that's for another day...well maybe not because I'm sick of thinking about it.

No comments: