Thursday, March 20, 2008

Under Duress...

So a specific someone who shall remain nameless (but whose name rhymes with cabbie) has been badgering me about writing a new entry. I've been trying to not write in here about my current life happenings, i.e. my baby just had it's first poop today (not true as I don't have a baby) because it seems cliche and boring. But just to satisfy her desire to read my blog, here is an entry.

What have I been up to lately you ask? Well I finally got another job, which brings my job total up to three. Yes I am working three jobs. I still work on campus, and I'm doing bus training, but I also now work at Allen's Camera in Provo. Imagine my delight when one day I drove past the store and noticed a sign in the window that looked like it said "Now Hiring". I wasn't quite sure it really said that, so I parked the car and took a closer look and sure enough they were! So I inquired and was told to bring in my resume. After a day of mad typing and revising (and help from my dad and sister), I proudly took it in. I knew I was well qualified to do the job, but I didn't hear anything for a week. I was a bit worried that maybe they found someone, or that maybe my mad skills were too much for them to handle (j/k). But I called and was told the manager hadn't really actively been reviewing the resumes and hadn't made a decision yet. So I called a few days later and the manager just told me to come in and we could talk about it. So I went in, he asked me what hours I was available, and then said, ok so just come in on Monday to start work. I'm not gonna lie that it was weird he never intwerviewed me, but I do have an extensive photography background so I didn't care. Any way, the rest is history, even though I've only been there about 4 weeks. It's fun though. I get to do photography related stuff so it's all good. I finally decided to get the Canon 40D as my first DSLR, so as soon and I have enough saved I will buy it.

As far as bus driving goes in preparation for Alaska, it's going well. We just started high-density which has us driving down I-15 to Salt Lake City in a 40' long bus. It was a little intimidating at first, but after 5 miles I felt fine. They say we're going to have to learn to drive 45' buses, which supposedly the last 7' tapers back (read: disappears) and so sometimes one might forget you have that 7' back there and accidentally clip the end on some object, damaging the coach. Maybe I will get a photo of myself driving so you can see it to believe it. haha.

And anywho, in my real journal I would probably talk about boys, but this is not the place as one of them could see it. And I'm also kinda tired so I think I'll go take a nap...

3 comments:

DC said...

Would that be Abby the Cabbie? Or Abby the Bus driver?

Just don't run over any old ladies with that big bus of yours. But do consider turning the interior it into a big portable Alaskan hemp farm.

Ball$ said...

i'm not revealing the true name of "cabbie"...maybe i will grow some pot...

Abby Q. said...

balls who is cabbie? i have no idea who this cabbage patch kid named cabbie is. haha. i love u balls you are so silly. i'm so excited for everything. you rock!