Thursday, August 21, 2008

Evacuation...

Complete. Yes let's talk about poop. I know it's an odd subject but what can I say? So since there are bathrooms on the buses I drive, we of course have to empty them at the end of the day. Now usually this isn't a big deal but there are rare occasions where it gets a little stinky. A few weeks ago we were dumping one of the coaches over the dump grate. All seems to be going well, but then all of a sudden the pipe clogs (where the excrements were coming out of the toilet). So someone gets a mechanic to come look at it and they shoved something up the pipe to get it to unclog and low and behold a diaper comes out. So that's just stupid in of itself, because who throws a diaper in the latrine-type toilet? But the best part is that the driver of the coach goes "Wait I didn't have any babies on my coach today!" So upon closer inspection, we realize that it's actually a pair of Depends!! Oh my, oh my the stories you could tell with that one! Moving on though, several times I've pulled onto the dump site and the previous coach just having dumped their toilet there I've seen little pieces of poo just chillin' on the grate over the dump. It's totally gross, but also kinda funny. Maybe one day I'll get a picture!!

So I'm a little disappointed at the lack of drama going on lately. I mean there's stuff I know that I can't really post in a public blog, but as far as crazy passengers I haven't had any that stand out to me. And I know, I thought I'd be writing about it all the time. Although right now I'm running on 6 hours of sleep and I worked 14 hours today so honestly my brain is probably not functioning and remembering things as well as usual so I best be off anway. Oh and I'm going out on a couple last highway runs in a couple days. I'm pretty excited to get to Dawson City one last time!

No comments: